Friday January 26 – Sunday January 28
Friday check out Jon Divello at Lieb Cellars. Saturday take a Wine Masterclass with Juan Micieli Martinez at Martha Clara Vineyards, or head to Riverhead to compete in Long Ireland Brewery’s Pintwood Derby. Sunday enjoy a jazzy brunch at First & South, or listen to Banger’s & Mash Gig at Greenport Harbor Brewing Co in Peconic.
Friday January 26 – Sunday January 28
- Raphael Winery: North Fork Chamber of Commerce Snowflake Gala & Awards Dinner Peconic. Snowflake Gala & Awards Dinner! Join us as we Celebrate & Honor: Business of the Year: Orient By the Sea Restaurant & Marina Community Service Award: San Simeon by the Sound. 6 – 11 pm Details.
- Little Creek Oysters: Friday Night Bites- Oysters and Pintxos at Little Creek Greenport. Starting at 7pm on Friday we’ll spread the counter with a dizzying spread of skewered small bites, pour crisp cold wines and beers and wash away the week together! Of course our shuckers will be opening the finest our bays have to offer! 7 pm. Details.
- Lieb Cellars: Friday Night Music Series Cutchogue. Please join us for our annual Friday Night Music Series featuring Jon Divello from 6-9pm. Details.
- Martha Clara Vineyards: Master Class with Winemaker Juan Micieli-Martinez Riverhead. Each person will taste several vintages of each wine with an explanation of the winemaking style utilized to create it. The class will be taught by our Winemaker, Juan E.Micieli-Martinez, focusing specifically on Bordeaux. Light artisanal pairings will be accompanied with each flight. Details.
- Athletic Equine: Geriatric Horse Lecture Riverhead. Come join us in the warmth of the Talmage Agway in Riverhead for light refreshments and a discussion on how to care for your older horse! Athletes or companions, older horses have special considerations when it comes to their health and care. Learn how to keep your horse active in their golden years! Details.
- Long Ireland Beer Company: Long Ireland’s Pintwood Derby Winter Edition Riverhead. Gentlemen (and Ladies too)… Start Your Engines…and get ready for some fun! Long Island’s PINTWOOD DERBY: Winter Edition will be held at Long Ireland Beer Co. (Riverhead) on January 27th. The event will begin at 4:00pm with a Competitor Check In starting at 2:30pm. This is a 21+ event. Climb up into the attic and dust off your old pinewood car or come on down and show off your 7th grade woodshop skills…either way, join us for a good old-fashioned derby race where local craft beer lovers will compete for trophies, cash prizes, and the greatest prize of all…bragging rights! Details.
- Sound View Greenport: The Futurist Series at Sound View Greenport. What does the future look like? Sound View hosts futurist Zac Waldman for an ongoing lecture series about the future with Gray Scott (www.grayscott.com/). Join us for a discussion on some of the key elements of five trending technologies that are going to transform the planet. This event is free to attend. Details.
- Sound View Greenport: Live Piano Bar Karaoke with Paul Leschen at The HalyardGreenport. Piano Karaoke with Paul Leschen at 8pm. Musician and New York City Piano Man, Paul Leschen, joins us for a our monthly Piano Karaoke event. Gather around the piano for a fun and relaxed evening of singing along to your favorite tunes, karaoke style. No rsvp necessary. Details.
- Peconic River Salt: Tibetan Singing Bowl Workshop Riverhead. This workshop is deeply immersive, nurturing, cleansing and meditative through the powerful sound and Salt therapy experience. Kaitlyn will guide you on your own healing journey while listening to the soothing sounds of Himalayan Singing Bowls, Tingha, and Bells. We will be exploring our 7 Chakra center and deep breathing techniques while using bowls. Details.
- Riverhead Farmer’s Market Riverhead. Welcome 2017/2018 Winter Season at the Riverhead Farmers Market! The Riverhead Farmers Market is back and this year we are so excited to announce that LI Greenmarket Inc. has agreed to take over Market operations to help ensure our growth and sustainability! 10 am – 2 pm. Details.
- Lieb Cellars: Live Music Featuring Rob Europe Cutchogue. Please join us for live music featuring Rob Europe. 2 – 4 pm. Details.
- Clovis Point Vineyard: Peter Kanelous and Friends Jamesport. Peter Kanelous and friends with Jeff Goldstein, Bill Palumbo and Sam Everdean. Acoustic music of many genres. Details.
- Spirit’s Promise Equine Rescue Program: American Country Saturday Night BARN PARTYRiverhead. Come on down to The Barn at Spirit’s Promise for a great night of line dancing with Country Blendz and DJ Deuce! Miss Rachel will be teaching a few new dances! All levels welcome! $10 per person donation/cover, raffles, refreshments, and great music! Details.
- Greenport Harbor Brewing Co: Bangers and Mash Suffolk County CD release partyPeconic. We have waited for the Cd to be done and now it is.We will be having the release party at one of our favorite places. We are going to be filming for our video for Paddy’s Day NYC Please wear green for the video. Mike O’Connor is going to be shooting a lot of film. Hopefully there won’t be swinging from the rafters. Last time we confined it to dancing on the tables. If you don’t believe us come down and see for yourself. Details.
- First and South: Jazzy Brunch with Alberto Bengolea, Greenport. Join us for some mimosas and snazzy jazz with Argentinian musician, Alberto Bengolea. 1 pm Details.